baby

Saturday, November 5, 2011

2nd Semester Parent-Teachers Day

The first thing Mummy asked Teacher V is whether in my last exam i have scored 100marks for any of the subject. Why Mummy asked like that? Because of me lah, i boasted to her that i managed to score for 2 subjects...Of course Mummy knew i have tried my level best during the exam when Teacher V told her , in some subjects i did improved but also got some that i failed miserably.

see how poor my Bahasa Malaysia

Teacher V commented eventhough in Bahasa class, i seldom speak in Malay. I will always asked the teacher to do the translation for me in English. Same to Mandarin class too. I wont speak Mandarin to my friends or teachers. So now Mummy is having headache. She have enrolled me to a chinese primary school and yet im so poor in this.

Something is not right here. Mummy knew from the beginning im a slow learner comparing to my peers. Im having short attention span and most of the time i cant concentrate in class. Dont be surprised if Mummy said i still cant remember all the 26 alphabets and my numbering too. Mummy dont want to be too pushy and giving me pressure. And she doesnt compared the result of my exams like some other parents do. She just wants me to study in a relax environment. But she foreseen i will be having a tough time adjusting when im in primary 1. But she dont know where to start or how to start in improving my study....


my teacher's comment about me

Seeing the attendance, Mummy knew travelling was the main culprit. I missed out so many lesson and im not able to catch up when im back. So from next year onwards, Mummy have cut down my travelling schedule and she hopes it wont be too late for me to prepare myself for the battle in primary 1.

2 comments:

  1. Have you let him try those educational games online? 1st of all get to know which type of learner he is. Visual? Audio or Kinesthetic. Try other teaching method. Eg. instead of sitting down for the lesson (which short span attn kid may lost), try ask him to pick the answer from the desk and walk over in front and paste on the white board. (kinetic leaner might need to learn in a moving body!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha So our boys can be good frens in Mand class. Jes speak Eng among themselves. :D
    Very good point fr Vicky there. Some kids jes dun learn vy well in a sit-down formal environment. I rmbr he did well when doing the puzzle words u bot for him. Guess he learns better thru play.

    ReplyDelete